Search My Blog

Friday 30 August 2013

Wethering The Storm Review

Music journalist Tru Bennett has done the impossible: capture the heart of rock-star bad boy Jake Wethers. Now they’re busy planning a wedding and navigating their new life together in the US. Of course Tru misses London and her best friend, Simone, but living happily ever after with Jake in LA is going to be great…right?
Wrong. Even the bright California sun can’t whitewash the dark side of celebrity coupledom. Greedy music execs, merciless paparazzi, and Jake’s wild past are lurking around every corner. Making matters worse, Jake announces he doesn’t want kids, which just may be a deal breaker. 


Tru loves Jake more than anything. But when a devastating crisis threatens to destroy everything they’ve fought for, the couple must face the hard truth: What if, this time, love is not enough?



WOW!!  Jeezz where do I start with Wethering the Storm....

Speechless...

Firstly I want to say thanks to Andrea & Simone for letting me review this fabulous book. I had so much to say when I finished WTS that Ii was actually gushing... 
I felt I had to put it out there and do it justice, so I asked them if they would mind posting it on here for me... Obviously they said yes, because they ROCK!!!

These books are one of my favourite series, well what can I say. Sexy rock star meets his childhood best friend after 12 years... Like seriously where do you think this is heading ;) 

If you haven't read The Mighty Storm, STOP where you are otherwise you will get spoilers...Go buy it & read it right away!!! 


 Click on pictures for Amazon links

Wethering the Storm took me on an emotional roller coaster right along side Jake & Tru.

WTS takes off right where TMS left us. You best prepare yourself for one hell of a journey! 

Tru is now living in LA engaged to be married to JAKE WETHERS. Seriously,  what could go wrong? What with Jake dropping the bombshell of not wanting kids, I know what your thinking 'this can''t be good', his past lurking around every corner and throw Jake's temper in the mix...well, these three things alone are a recipe for disaster...

Tru is in a strange country with no-one familiar around her and she's missing her best friend Simone, her parents & her job. This would put strain on any relationship but then disaster strikes that could destroy everything Tru & Jake have fought for, could this be the end? 

Sometimes love just isn't enough! 

Personally I loved WTS. I cried...No, actually I wailed at parts, happy tears or sad tears I will not say, but let's just say... have the tissues ready.. Boxes of tissues!!! I love these two, they are a real power couple but does Tru want power? Or, does she just want a quiet life in Manchester with her one true love, Jake the boy next door, not Jake the rock star! 

When I started WTS I was a little apprehensive because it is the last book in the series and I didn't want to say goodbye to Jake or Tru. These guys went through so much in TMS that I was hoping for a smooth sailing, happy ending for them in WTS but hey, what book wouldn't be complete without a little bit of drama, eh? 

What I loved most about this book was, that you got a feeling it was just a guy and a girl who have been in love since their childhood but what it actually is, is a Rock and Roll romance where they have had to deal with so much drama to get to where they are now. Jake & Tru will be sorely missed on my 'Upcoming Release' list but I will revisit them many times & I'm sure they will have the same effect in 5 years time <3 

As you know, in all my reviews I always leave you with my favourite quote but this was a tough one for me to choose, so I'm going to leave you with a quote that, for me, sums up the love between Jake & Tru.

"My love for you is limitless, it knows no bounds. You're in my veins. I bleed you. I belong to you... I always have and I always will." - Jake Wethers 

Sarah-Jane - Guest reviewer for MakeMyDayBookclub


No comments:

Post a Comment