Search My Blog

Sunday 1 December 2013

The Gift Release Day Launch

Happy Release Day to our friend Karli Perrin!!!!
What better way to kick off the month of December
 than with Karli's festive and flirty short novel, The Gift.

 Title: The Gift
Author: Karli Perrin
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: December 1, 2013

Synopsis

It was the weekend before Christmas and the whole world was on countdown. 
Except for me.
Last Christmas, I met a boy.
Last Christmas, we made a pact.
Christmas would never be the same. 
Life would never be the same...


**Please note that this is a short story, not a full length novel. It is a standalone and is intended to be a quick, fun and flirty read.** 

Purchase links: Amazon UK | Amazon US | Smashwords 

Simone's Review
*ARC received in return of an honest review

Now I'm in the festive spirit after reading The Gift!!! It has all the content that I would expect my stocking to have in it when I open it up on Christmas morning...something cheeky, something sexy and something to tickle my fancy!! Well this short novel is packed with all these things, plus a new BFF to spend Christmas morning in bed with!! *winks*
For such a short story I was surprised that I connected so well with the main characters!! There was Imogen the leading lady who was sweet, sassy and very witty! I found myself thinking she is definitely a girl I would go on a night out with. We then have the OHHH ever so confident, cocky and swoon-worthy Blake who, quite frankly, I could spend more than a few nights out with or let me rephrase that, nights in with!! *wipes dribble way*

I found myself chuckling at home on my own reading my kindle, the sexual banter between Imogen and Blake was cute, cheeky and quick witted. I loved the Mr and Mrs Santa roles they took on to flirt with each other and also loved the way most of the story was built around their chemistry and sexual tension.  

"Are you coming inside?"

His eyes turned fiery, "Are you asking me a serious question or are we still talking in code? Because I don't want to get excited over nothing.

Karli Perrin really has filled up a sexy stocking with all the right items to make you laugh, swoon, while fanning yourself.  This is a definite feel good story that will have you smiling, with outbursts of laughter. Now I don't  know about you, but that's a must for me to start my Christmas early, while wearing my HO HO HO  knickers to match my Christmas stockings!!

Simone gives this a rating of...









Author Bio 


Karli Perrin is a 25 year old English Language & Linguistics graduate from Manchester, England. She has always been a big lover of books and is the author of the 'April' series. 
She is a big believer of fate and is a sucker for a happy ending. She honestly believes that there is a reason why you are reading this right now (apart from the fact that you are awesome!) 
Her ultimate goal in life is to live in a house made entirely out of books with her best friend, who also happens to be her fiancé.


...Hogwarts is plan B.

Connect with Karli here:
Facebook | Twitter | Website | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment