Search My Blog

Sunday 8 May 2016

Release Day Blitz: The Empty Jar by M. Leighton + 5+* review

Finally!

THE EMPTY JAR IS LIVE!  
And what better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than with a book like this, a poignant tale about the power of love. 

 This is what readers are saying about the new story from M. Leighton:

“The ultimate love story.”
“It is a masterpiece.”
“Heartbreaking. Hopeful. Brilliant.”
“Hands down the best book I have ever read.”
“If I could only tell you to read one book this year, it would be this book.”
“After today, life as I know it will be ‘AEJ’, after The Empty Jar. I will not be the same.”

Get your copy today!


This personal note is something the author asked that we share with you:

A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR

This book is not a romantic fairy tale. Yet, it’s the most romantic story I’ve ever told.  It’s a journey of pain and loss, of hope and happiness.  It’s both achingly tragic and exquisitely beautiful.  It’s a love story.  A true love story about real love. The kind that sees you through the night and holds you when you cry. The kind that won't give up and never lets go. The kind we all dream about and few find. But it’s real. I promise you, it’s real. I’ve seen this kind of love, and I've seen this kind of heartbreak. I got to see it up close and personal, and quite honestly, I will never be the same.  I hope it changes you as much as it changed me.


Title: The Empty Jar
Author: M. Leighton
Release Date: May 8, 2016

The Empty Jar

Three months touring Europe.
Romantic.  Dazzling.  Unforgettable.
The trip of a lifetime.

But some lifetimes are shorter…

We couldn’t have known it would work out this way.  No one could.  No one could’ve guessed that something so beautiful could be so tragic.

But it is tragic.
Yet so, so beautiful.

That’s what sacrifice is—beauty and tragedy.
It’s pain and suffering for something or someone you love.

And this is the ultimate sacrifice.
One stunning act of true love.

This is our story.

Our true love story.

Get your copy today!

Andrea's Review
*ARC given in return for an honest review


I just...I don't know how I'm going to even begin to review this book...

Okay, I'm not going to reveal any of the plot but I am going to try and tell you how this book made me feel. 

If you only read one book this year, if you've never read an M. Leighton book before, then let it be this. 5 stars is no where near enough for the The Empty Jar, it isn't a must read but a HAVE to read! 

This has to be THE most powerful, emotional and personal book M. Leighton has EVER written. It is the BEST she's ever written and that's saying something as I adore all that I've read of hers. It is also right up there at the top as one of the best books I've EVER
read, which takes some beating!!!

Nate and Lena's story has ripped me to shreds, made my throat hurt so much and my eyes sting with crying so much. No, not crying, sobbing, out loud. More than once I had to stop reading as I couldn't see for tears.  I had a huge headache afterwards. It tore my heart out and stamped all over it. It has left a lasting impression on me and will stay in my heart for ever.

Even without the author's note to the readers at the end you just know how personal this book is to her. You can feel her love, her pain, her heart in every word, every line, every page of the book. 

The Empty Jar is THE most saddest and, yet, most romantic story I have ever read. It's such a powerful and compelling read that, as you turn each page you just HAVE to keep reading even though you know it will leave you destroyed. And I was. Totally destroyed!

So what's this book about? 
Well, as I said at the top of my review, I'm not going to reveal the plot (it's so hard to do without giving away spoilers) but I will tell you it's about one person's selfless act of love, their determination and courage and what they're willing to do for those they love. 
It's about survival. It's about hope and faith. 
It's about life. It's about sacrifice. The ultimate sacrifice. 
Above all, it's about love. Bone-deep, absolute  unconditional love. It's the ultimate love story. 
It broke my heart into a million pieces but it also warmed it to the very core too. I can't recommend it highly enough.


Go 1-click this beautiful story NOW but make sure you stock up on plenty tissues for the snot and tears that's bound to flow, plenty painkillers for the headache that will almost surely follow from the amount of crying you do and last, but not least, HUGE amounts of alcohol to get you through the book hangover that is inevitable.

Andrea gives this a rating of...


 


CONNECT WITH MICHELLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment